Aide - Recherche - Membres - Calendrier
Version complète : BRASSART
GenNPdC - Genealogie Nord-Pas-de-Calais > Forums dédiés à l'actuel département du NORD > Douaisis

tbrassart
Good Morning or Afternoon,

I am seeking information a person name Fidele BRASSART born about 1864 possibly Erre,Nord-Pas-de-Calais
he is married to a woman by name of Roxine or Rosineborn about 1870 and had 3 or 4 children before they emigrated to United States.

any information is appreciated.

Thank You
Theresa Brassart-Herring
mfbriche
Hello

I have found in Erre

Childrens of Cajetan BRASSART

- Suzanne (daughter) born 8/3/1855
- Irèné (son) borne 17/8/1864
- jean Baptiste (son) born 3/1/1867
- Rosalie (daughter) born 14/6/1869

But sorry no Fidèle and any mariage of Cajetan
tbrassart
Good Morning or Evening, Thank you for finding this information. I appriciate al your help.
margrattepanche
Good morning Theresa,
First note that the region of 'Nord - Pas de Calais' contains two departments (sub-regions).
- department of 'Nord' (N° 59)
- department of 'Pas de Calais' (N° 62)
Cajetan BRASSART and his family come from the department of Nord, around Erre-Hornaing-Somain
Fidele BRASSART and his family come from the department of Pas de Calais around Roeux-Harnes-Lens
These BRASSART are probably namesakes.
I first found the military record of a 'Fidele Louis Joseph BRASSART' who is surely the one you are searching for.
The image of this record is in the gallery:
http://www.gennpdc.net/lesforums/index.php...i&img=17850
http://www.gennpdc.net/lesforums/index.php...i&img=17849
http://www.gennpdc.net/lesforums/index.php...i&img=17847
There is, on the right of the image, a list of his successive adresses (localités successives habitées)
...1894 Harnes......
...1903 Fouquieres..
...1904 Lens........
then (no date) ......Kansas County
Cherokee (Amerique Nord).

The high part of the image give his identity (état civil)
Fidele BRASSART is born on November 18 1870 in Roeux -62-.
He is the son of Martin and Felicie LECERF
his occupation is 'industrial daily worker'
The high part give also some physical particularities (hair and eyes color, height...)
Then, after the examination of the archives (Birth, Marriage, population census) of the 'Pas de Calais'
i find the following informations
Fidele Louis Joseph BRASSART born on November 18, 1870 in Roeux -62-.
son of Martin Joseph BRASSART and Felicite Joseph LECERF (married on october 23, 1862 in Plouvain -62-)
Martin Joseph BRASSART born on february 04, 1834 in Roeux -62-
son of François Joseph BRASSART and Celenie DUPREEL (married on october 10, 1832 in Roeux -62-)
Francois BRASSART born on june 09, 1806 in Gavrelle -62-
son of Benoit Joseph BRASSART and Marie Ernestine DASSONVILLE (married on september 20, 1803 in Gavrelle -62-)
You will find many of this informations and the ancestors of Benoit Joseph BRASSART on the site of Andre Gadbled at
http://gw1.geneanet.org/index.php3?b=eng62...&v=BRASSART
Now if you want more informations or want to have any confirmation (eg birth or marriage certificates....)
open a new subject in the appropriate forum of this site (Gohelle, Artois... depending on the city of the event
of your research).
I also find a marriage on june 30, 1900 in Lens -62- of:
Fidèle Louis Joseph BRASSART x Rosine Marie WANTIEZ.
I don't know if this is the couple of your research... try to obtain the marriage certificate (on the site of Ellis Island i found that Fidele BRASSART arrived in the US on april 03 1907 from the city of Lens, Rosine BRASSART and children on october 1 1907 from the city of Lens too)

have a good day
Marc
tbrassart
Good Morning or Evening Marc,

Thank you for finding this information. I am not sure how Fidele BRASSART and my family BRASSART connect if they even do other than both emigrating to the same town and state. thank you again for looking.

I want thank you for letting me know which Department I should refer to. I know this will make it easy for you and other researcher in finding individuals in my requests

Thank you

Theresa Brassart-Herring
margrattepanche
Citation (tbrassart @ 14/09/2010 à 23:06) *
I am not sure how Fidele BRASSART and my family BRASSART connect if they even do other than both emigrating to the same town and state. thank you again for looking.

Good evening Theresa,
Fidele BRASSART and his family emigrate to the US in 1907 coming from Lens -62-
The oldest ancestor of Fidele stay in the department of Pas de Calais -62- in 1779 (Benoit BRASSART in Garvelle -62-)
Alexandre BRASSART and his family emigrate to the US around 1900 coming from Erre-Hornaing -59-
The oldest ancestor of Alexandre stay in the department of Nord -59 around 1785 (Vaast BRASSART in Hornaing)
There are no relation between this two family lines.
So I think that it is a pure coincidence to find this two families in Cherokee Kanzas County in 1910. This families are just namesake.
I have read that at the end of the 19th, beginning of the 20th century US industrials came in the north of France and Belgium to recruit coal miners. Alexandre and Fidele BRASSART were both coal miners before they emigrate to the US. I don't know what was their activity in Cherokee: Is Cherokee a city of miners ? Was the french (or belgian) population numerous in Cherokee ?
This Brassart perhaps became friendly families in their new country: same motherland and region, same age, same activity, both with childrens and same surname !

frienly

Marc
tbrassart
Citation (margrattepanche @ 15/09/2010 à 16:46) *
Citation (tbrassart @ 14/09/2010 à 23:06) *
I am not sure how Fidele BRASSART and my family BRASSART connect if they even do other than both emigrating to the same town and state. thank you again for looking.

Good evening Theresa,
Fidele BRASSART and his family emigrate to the US in 1907 coming from Lens -62-
The oldest ancestor of Fidele stay in the department of Pas de Calais -62- in 1779 (Benoit BRASSART in Garvelle -62-)
Alexandre BRASSART and his family emigrate to the US around 1900 coming from Erre-Hornaing -59-
The oldest ancestor of Alexandre stay in the department of Nord -59 around 1785 (Vaast BRASSART in Hornaing)
There are no relation between this two family lines.
So I think that it is a pure coincidence to find this two families in Cherokee Kanzas County in 1910. This families are just namesake.
I have read that at the end of the 19th, beginning of the 20th century US industrials came in the north of France and Belgium to recruit coal miners. Alexandre and Fidele BRASSART were both coal miners before they emigrate to the US. I don't know what was their activity in Cherokee: Is Cherokee a city of miners ? Was the french (or belgian) population numerous in Cherokee ?
This Brassart perhaps became friendly families in their new country: same motherland and region, same age, same activity, both with childrens and same surname !

frienly

Marc

Good Morning or Evening Marc,

Thank You for your quick response. I believe this must be so about people from U.S.A because Scammon,Cherokee county Kansas is founded on Mining and we had have several in my family die from mine accidents. There are a few family's from France in the area. several also in the nearby States of Arkansas and louisiana.

Thank you for your kindness

Theresa
margrattepanche
Citation (tbrassart @ 11/09/2010 à 20:56) *

I am seeking information a person name Fidele BRASSART born about 1864 possibly Erre,Nord-Pas-de-Calais
he is married to a woman by name of Roxine or Rosineborn about 1870 and had 3 or 4 children before they emigrated to United States.

Thank You
Theresa Brassart-Herring

Good morning Theresa,
Last informations about Fidele Brassart.....

Harnes -62- June 30 1900, marriage of
Fidele Louis Joseph BRASSART
born on november 18, 1870 in Roeux -62-
coal miner
son of Martin Joseph BRASSART (died on september 15, 1892 in Roeux -62-)
and Felicie LECERF housewife
and
Rosine Maria WANTIEZ
born on july 05, 1871 in Fouquieres les Lens -62-
daughter of Jean Francois WANTIEZ (died on january 09, 1871 in Fouquieres les Lens -62-)
and Virginie LOYER (died on january 07, 1884 in Fouquieres les Lens -62-)
Rosine Maria WANTIEZ widow of Francois VROEDSIE (died on december 05, 1896 in Marquette -59-)
source: Henri Wgueux of Harnes -62-

Fidele Louis BRASSART and Rosine Maria WANTIEZ had two children:
- Paul BRASSART born on september 26, 1898 in HARNES -62- (recognize by his father)
- Felicie BRASSART born on may 01, 1901 in Harnes -62-

Rosine Maria WANTIEZ got married a first time on april 05, 1890 in Henin Lietard -62-
with Francois VROEDSIE. They had three children:
- Virginie VROEDSIE born on february 22, 1892 in Fouquieres les Lens -62-
- Rosine VROEDSIE born on june 05, 1894 in Fouquieres les Lens -62- (died on may 27, 1895 in Fouquieres les Lens -62-)
- Francois VROEDSIE born on march 24, 1896 in Fouquieres les Lens -62-

In 1904 Fidele Louis, Rosine Maria and their respective children live in Lens -62-
On april 03, 1907 (ship 'la Bretagne') Fidele BRASSART 36 years old arrived alone in the US .
On october 01 (ship 'Kroonland) arrived the other members of the family, all with the surname of BRASSART:
Roxine BRASSART (Wantiez) 37 years old
Virginie BRASSART (Vroedsie) 15 years old
Francois BRASSART (Vroedsie) 11 years old
Paul BRASSART (9 years old)
Felicie BRASSART (6 years old)
source: Ellis Island website
It seems that everybody keep later the surname of BRASSART

friendly

Marc
tbrassart
Citation (margrattepanche @ 16/09/2010 à 15:32) *
Citation (tbrassart @ 11/09/2010 à 20:56) *

Thank You
Theresa Brassart-Herring

Good morning Theresa,
Last informations about Fidele Brassart.....

Harnes -62- June 30 1900, marriage of
Fidele Louis Joseph BRASSART
born on november 18, 1870 in Roeux -62-
coal miner
son of Martin Joseph BRASSART (died on september 15, 1892 in Roeux -62-)
and Felicie LECERF housewife
and
Rosine Maria WANTIEZ
born on july 05, 1871 in Fouquieres les Lens -62-
daughter of Jean Francois WANTIEZ (died on january 09, 1871 in Fouquieres les Lens -62-)
and Virginie LOYER (died on january 07, 1884 in Fouquieres les Lens -62-)
Rosine Maria WANTIEZ widow of Francois VROEDSIE (died on december 05, 1896 in Marquette -59-)
source: Henri Wgueux of Harnes -62-

Fidele Louis BRASSART and Rosine Maria WANTIEZ had two children:
- Paul BRASSART born on september 26, 1898 in HARNES -62- (recognize by his father)
- Felicie BRASSART born on may 01, 1901 in Harnes -62-

Rosine Maria WANTIEZ got married a first time on april 05, 1890 in Henin Lietard -62-
with Francois VROEDSIE. They had three children:
- Virginie VROEDSIE born on february 22, 1892 in Fouquieres les Lens -62-
- Rosine VROEDSIE born on june 05, 1894 in Fouquieres les Lens -62- (died on may 27, 1895 in Fouquieres les Lens -62-)
- Francois VROEDSIE born on march 24, 1896 in Fouquieres les Lens -62-

In 1904 Fidele Louis, Rosine Maria and their respective children live in Lens -62-
On april 03, 1907 (ship 'la Bretagne') Fidele BRASSART 36 years old arrived alone in the US .
On october 01 (ship 'Kroonland) arrived the other members of the family, all with the surname of BRASSART:
Roxine BRASSART (Wantiez) 37 years old
Virginie BRASSART (Vroedsie) 15 years old
Francois BRASSART (Vroedsie) 11 years old
Paul BRASSART (9 years old)
Felicie BRASSART (6 years old)
source: Ellis Island website
It seems that everybody keep later the surname of BRASSART

friendly

Marc

Goog Morning or Godd Evening,

Thank you for this information. It's helps answer several questions concerning who is or not family.

Thank you

Theresa
Ceci est une version "bas débit" de notre forum. Pour voir la version complète avec plus d'informations, la mise en page et les images, veuillez cliquer ici.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.